This guide explains how to use SolveigMM WMP Trimmer plugin.
This Windows Media Player Plugin module is designed to operate within Windows Media Player™ version 9 or newer. It enables a user to cut or edit out a part of media file directly from Windows Media Player™ at high speed without quality degradation and problems with audio/video synchronization.
Related topics:How to cut MPEG2 file
How to cut out commercials
SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin supports media formats as follows
- AVI (.avi )
- DV AVI type 1,2 (.avi)
- Windows Media Video (.asf, .wmv, .wm)
- Windows Media Audio (.wma)
- MPEG Audio (.mp3, .mp1, .mpa )
- MPEG-2 Video PS,TS,VES ( .mpeg, .vob, .ts)
- MPEG-1 Video SS,VES ( .mpeg, .mpg, .dat)
Enabling WMP Trimmer plugin
- Launch Windows Media Player.
- Click main menu item «Tools->Plug-ins->SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin» as shown on Figure 1.
Figure 1. Activating of SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin
If main menu of Windows Media Player is switched off follow steps shown on Figure 2
Figure 2. Activating of SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin
SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin is now enabled and ready to work.
Trimming media files
Trimming media files is easy and straightforward. Trimmer’s GUI controls are shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3. SolveigMM WMP Trimmer controls.
The operations order for trimming mediafile is listed below.1.Open your media file in usual way.
Figure 4.a Figure 4.b3. Press Start button (Figure 5.a) (). The button will change its usual skin with the chosen frame screenshot (Figure 5.b). Now you can change the chosen start framewithout pressing Start button again by moving a left marker . You can also edit start position manually by typing time value into left Time Edit Control editbox ().
4. Navigate to the stop position of a fragment you want to save with WMP slider (Figure 6.a) or plugin's right marker (Figure 6.b).
Figure 6.a Figure 6.b
5. Press End button (). The button will change its default skin with the choosen frame screenshot as Start button does. You can edit start position manually by typing time value into right Time Edit Control editbox ().
7. You will be asked for a file name in which trimmed part of media file should be saved.